Wednesday 10 November 2021

Everything Victor Osimhen said on the return of Ighalo to the Super Eagles

Victor Osimhen said the recall of the Odion Ighalo is good for the team, that the coaches and the Federation know what's best for the team.  



Nigeria Napoli FC forward, Victor Osimhen has reacted to the recall of the Odion Ighalo to the Super Eagles after two years of international retirement. 

The 2015 FIFA U-17 world cup golden shoe winner told the NFF media that he has a lot to learn from Odion Ighalo and looking forward to receiving him with open arms when he eventually joins the camp. 

"It's good for the team and of course the coaches and the Federation know what's best for the team",  began Osimhen when he was speaking with the NFF media in Tangier Morrocco where the Super Eagles are preparing to take on Liberia in the matchday five of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier on Saturday, 13 November 2021. 


The lanky forward continues  "We welcome him with open arms and looking forward to receiving him in the camp".

"Like I said before he's like a big brother to me and we love him a lot and I'll learn a lot from him, I admire him so much so I think for me it's one of the most important things to have him in the squad.

"We all have a common goal to qualify the nation for the World Cup and to do well in the AFCON so whatsoever thing that is good for the team I think the coach and the Federation will bring it into play," Osimhen concluded. 

Odion Ighalo retired from the Super Eagles after the 2019 African Cup of Nations where he won the highest goal scorer award with five goals to take to his international goals to 15 in 35 appearances for the Super Eagles.  

The 33-year-old played for Manchester United after he left the Super Eagles and he currently plays in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab FC.

Meanwhile, Victor Osimhen has allayed the fears of the numerous Nigerian football fans as he declares himself as fit as fiddle and ready to go against Liberia on Saturday if we upon.

They were concerned that the striker may not be available for the crunchy ties against Liberia and Cape Verdy after he suffered a calf injury in training before Napoli FC clash with Salernitana on Sunday in Serie A.

But the revealed that the MRI scan shows it wasn't serious as first envisaged and he only took a rest for some days before the Sunday match, against Salernitana.

Osimhen said: "I feel good. After the MRI scan showed I had nothing serious it was important to rest for a few days before I play the game on Sunday. 

"Like I said before I'm always ready when I am called upon and to give my all for my country is one of the most important things in my career and of course I'm ready to come Saturday." 

Victor has started all the four games the Super Eagles have played in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers and scored two goals for the team. 

The striker participated in both morning and evening sessions of the Super Eagles' training held on Wednesday, (10 November 2021) in Tangier. 

He is the favourite to lead the attacking of the team on Saturday, while Ighalo Is yet to join the camp, less than 48 hours to the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment